[pianotech] appraising pianos

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 17:36:16 MST 2012

Marshall

The best advice I can give you on appraising pianos is to visit piano stores, especially those that sell a lot of used pianos, and get an idea of the prices of used pianos. They might be a little over priced, but it at least puts them in a ball park. You also need to know what new pianos sell for. So, again, visit the stores, but I would suggest you get Larry Fine's Piano Book. And last, not to blow my own horn, but in my book, The Business of Piano Tuning, there is a chapter on appraising pianos which goes into detail on the step by step procedure of appraising a piano. . The book is available from Randy Potter.

Wim