[pianotech] Flood Damaged Pianos

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 7 10:37:13 MST 2012

Yes, and that is the biggest point. I have several pianos I take care of that have survived flooding with varying degrees of work afterwards. They were either not insured or the owners had a minimal amount to play with after fixing the important things like houses and cars. If they can be stored and allowed to dry, wet cloth removed, opened to light and air to reduce mold, they might be saved at some level. But if insurance is involved you have to write them off unless they have an option to file a supplemental claim after drying.

---Dave