[pianotech] Hurricane salvage

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 10 12:58:27 MST 2012

No , that was clear. And it's a great idea. I should have thought to mention it. I added to my screw, spring, hinge, pedal rod and nose bolt nut collection and got two almost complete sets of good ivory along with spares from a Collard that has rounded sharps and a matching curve at the back of the natural heads. As long as the iron isn't pitted from rust it cleans up nicely and brass takes water just fine.

---Dave
New Orleans