[pianotech] Possible adaptation for the Tuning Exam

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Sun Nov 11 16:58:17 MST 2012

Wim! That's 8 syllables!  We only need to count to 7, hense the "fromchicagotonewyork" thing.  Let's go with that.

From: "tnrwim at aol.com<mailto:tnrwim at aol.com>" <tnrwim at aol.com<mailto:tnrwim at aol.com>>
Date: Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:52 PM
To: "pianotech at ptg.org<mailto:pianotech at ptg.org>" <pianotech at ptg.org<mailto:pianotech at ptg.org>>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Possible adaptation for the Tuning Exam

Maybe Duanie;I have a take on this? Try this Duaine.  Get your ETD set to
set F-3 and A-3 and hear 7 beats per second. Can you hear the beats? I use
"From Chicago to New York" as my 7 beats per second>  Does that work? Try
it and see what happens.
fromchicagotonewyorkfromchicagotonewyorkwawawawawawawawawawawawawawaww
etc.Just get the groove and see what happens! Let me know if you can hear
that beat going on.Just trying to help bud.

PW

Duaine

If you don't want drive from Chicago to New York, you might want to go fromst.louistochicago. It's a much shorter drive, and you can go back the same way, along Route 66, or what's left of it. lol

Wim

That's beautiful!  If one can't hear it, one can't tune it. That's all.
Your descriptions are very clear!  Love it! I don't think Duaine hears it
all that well.  Just my take on it.