[pianotech] Tunelab Use Questions

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 09:36:06 MST 2012

Hello all Tunelab users........  I have a friend who is considering learning piano technology. She wishes to start by doing some elementary practice on her piano. She wishes to use an electronic device simply to have a point of reference so that she doesn't screw up the tuning on her piano and to help her learn to make incremental pitch adjustments with her tuning lever.

She downloaded the free version of Tunelab. I have never used any version of Tunelab, so I am having some difficulty helping her use the program. I found manuals for other versions of Tunelab, but none for the free version that she downloaded. Does the free version do the basic things - calculate a tuning, store a tuning, show cents deviation from some target pitch? Really, all she wants to do at this time is select a note - let's say A4 - and get a display that show her how many cents the string is off from 440 Hz. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Terry Farrell