[pianotech] Accounting question

Paul Mulik paulmulik at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 15:07:45 MST 2012

I live in Missouri but many of my customers are in Kansas, and a few are in Oklahoma, so I have to file separate income tax forms for each state.  Today I actually worked in all three.

Suppose a guy in Missouri wants me to tune, let's say, his mother's piano, which is in Kansas.  So I tune it, and when I get back to Missouri, he pays me. Does this count as income earned in Missouri, or Kansas?

Paul Mulik