[pianotech] an interesting thing a music director said

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:42:29 MST 2012

Hi Everyone, First thanks everyone for your responses recently about dismantling pianos and any other questions I asked.   I tuned two pianos for a church, well not for l ong, they're going electronic soon. Somehow the Mason Hamlin BB interferes with the PA system. I'm not sure what that means, but anyway heres what I'm curious about.   Recently they had a new string put on since it was under warranty.  They had a bass string that always had some strange harmonics to it. I think at one time it was also replaced before I came along.  I would tune that thing and blend in the harmonics pretty well so that it would sound decent.  the music director said to me that the guy who came and put the string on valso oiced that note, but I asked her if he voiced the hammer and she wasn't sure.  I thought I heard somewhere that a string could be voiced. I wanted to chedk Reblits first, but due to time restraints lately I thought I'd just ask you guys.  Is it possible to voice a string? Also I tuned that piano back in October but the middle section didn't seem to hold the tuning as well as it usualy does on their MH BB.  Are Mason Hamilins know at all for tuning difficulties?  I pouned that baby in tooo as Ive been taught.  Well thanks again. Marshall215-510-9400