[pianotech] the church who thinks they can get by without paying

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Nov 18 18:06:23 MST 2012

A pianist broke the string and they don't want to pay you to replace it,
tweak the tuning on the new string???  These are the kinds of customers I
try and get rid of.  Insist that they pay you for your time, all of it.  If
they want to trade in the piano or give it back that's between them and the
dealer, don't get involved with that aspect.  You cannot guarantee tunings
under the best of circumstances.  Where there is an uncontrolled
environment, as this seems to be, even less so.  Don't let them take
advantage of you and don't be afraid to lose a customer.  They aren't worth
having if they insist that you work for free anyway.   Give them the one
finger salute, I say.  Well, in a polite way, of course.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com