[pianotech] Gems in the junkpile

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Nov 19 05:44:38 MST 2012

Yes.  I have offered Purchase Consults since starting my business.  Every
time I talk with a client about upgrading or looking for a piano, I suggest
they do most of the legwork, looking through the ads, visiting pianos,
etc., and then when they think they have one, call me and I'll go and give
it a complete assessment.  Of course, I suggest they send me a link to the
piano ad if it's an online one and often we can tell right away if it's not
worth pursuing.

But yes, it's a valid service, much like taking a prospective used car
purchase to your mechanic.

William R. Monroe