[pianotech] bad customers

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:59:06 MST 2012

Hi Dave,They woudl have paid me to replace the string, but I was slow in getting back with them due to over load of tunings I had since running that gropuon campaign.  So they contacted the d ealer because they had a waranty on the piano for free string replacements.  She siad that I gave them a "poor" tuning back in September and that the piano didn't meet their expectations in the middle octave the day after I tuned it.  Three things come to mind that I pointed out in a letter I sent.  September was a whitnessed huge temp changes here.  The dealer replaced the string, so that area of the piano will need to be tweaked again.  Also on Nov. 12 when I tuned it, the temp dropped about 20 degrees by Tuesday.  Another thing also I found out yesterday, but aluded to in the letter is that Sandy came and caused climatic changes etc.  Plus my customer who attends this church said that they were without power for about 5 days during Sandy.  The church was also.  No heat= drifting tuning.  I like your finger solute idea lol I'm sure my three page letter to her and their pastor who is probably not aware of the situation will get results.  Usually when I write letters I get results because I use an active writing style, unlike a passive writing style as I'm using here.  Well have a good one. Thanks Dave.Marshall