[pianotech] Elbows

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 17:09:54 MST 2012

Isaac said:
" prefer to install and replace old elbows with NEW plastic ones-same
dimensions .[Wooden are shorter and you need to buy new,longer
wires]"
.(I say that's incorrect. there are, what is known as Long Wooden Elbows!<G>

"modern plastic is used for building sail boats, it withstands
salty water,..."
Yes/No, it desinegrates in air and salt water. Just in a different way than
wood. Of course we're not worried about "salt water" tho.<G>

"it is far superior to old ones,it used in automotive and
aircraft industries.."
And is not biodegradeable either! Takes more "Energy" to produce too!

Hmmm?
Which is superior a porceline toilet or a plastic one? <G>

"don't be so pessimistic..
Try it and let me know.."

I will if I want. Have and didn't like them!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I