[pianotech] Steinway Lyre Bolts, (screws)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 22:49:19 MST 2012

Rob said:
"Greetings,

I have a client with an 'M' that the movers lost the wood screws/ lag bolts
for the pedal lyre.
I found an $8 screw in the Steinway catalog, but I'm really hoping not to
spend that much on a dang screw...
In the catalog it says "screw - leg & lyre button/wedge 2-1/4". I'm
guessing that's the part? So it sounds like it's 2-1/4" long. Does anyone
have the dimensions (diam., thread count, etc.) and a photo, if possible,
so I can hopefully pick up a couple of screws at the hardware store. "
Thanks,

Regards,
Rob,
Forgive me, but the "Movers" lost the darned things. AND, they should pay
for them! Why the Cheapass approach? Most screws at the local hardware
store would not fit or would be lousy zinc plated crap anyway! Why do you
think the hardware screws are so cheap?<G>
What year "M"? that does make a difference ya know.
 BTW, I don't throw anything out and salvage all the time. I probably have
the exact size and type of screws you need. But....It'll cost ya. You'll
have to give me the exact size needed and say "pretty please?",<G> As for
shipping it would probably be the same as  the ones from Steinway, that
probbably aren't the right ones, since they only have current model stuff.
Things to think about.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police