[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 49, Issue 112

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Nov 24 02:29:33 MST 2012

Ah yes, there were some nice large German overdamper pianos at that
period.  Some of the big Bluthners had an arrangement of damper heads on
dowels with a long adjustment screw through them, with which you could
regulate the damper head.  Otherwise, as Richard suggests, the long
"birdcage" wire can be screwed into or out of the lever at the top.
Easy to break if stuck though; Richard's suggestion of lubrication good
to keep in mind.

Best regards,

David.