[pianotech] Sandy's impact on our business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 16:08:09 MST 2012

Right after Sandy hit, I made the comment that the storm might be the shot in the arm this country needs to get out of the economic doldrums.  What I meant by the comment was that while we are not necessarily going to see a direct impact on piano tuning and repairing, although we will get some of that. But more importantly we are going to see the "ripple" effect of the total economic impact.  Construction workers, plumbers, electricians, etc, are going to make more money. They will, in turn buy new cars and appliances. Those sales people will go out to dinner more often. Etc. Etc. All along the way, more people will have more money to spend on goods and services that are near and dear to them that will directly effect us, everywhere from getting the piano tuned more often to actually buying a new piano. It might take a couple of months, or even years, but we are in for a good couple of years. Even I will feel that impact as people will earn enough money to take a much needed vacation to Hawaii, where they will go out to dinner, and leave a big tip for one of my customers.

For a more detailed explanation of the effects of Sandy, read the following article in Bloomberg News.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-23/sandy-seen-boosting-u-s-with-as-much-as-240-billion-rebuilding.html

Wim