[pianotech] Sandy's impact on our business

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Nov 25 20:12:10 MST 2012

I understand, Wim.

Given the dismal track record of economists of all varieties, and their
failure to predict even the most obvious things, like the 2008 real
estate collapse,
I don't think that their pronouncements deserve a whole lot of respect.

I believe it was Truman who wished he could find a one-armed economist.
That's
because whenever he asked them anything, they all would say, "On the one
hand ...
but on the other hand ..." <grin>

We all just have to think through things as best we can, and adjust as
well as
we can. And then what happens, happens. A few things seem pretty plain
-- don't
buy Greek government bonds, don't invest in Gulf or East Coast
beachfront property,
and do your best not to bet against Mother Nature, who always wins.

Susan