[pianotech] O.T. Sandy's Effect On Our Business

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Tue Nov 27 17:42:18 MST 2012

List,

Chuck's comment refers to a "long term" positive effect on our economy.
Someone else referred to a positive effect on the "regional" economy.
Bloomberg used neither of these qualifiers. This may seem like
nit-picking (alright, I AM nit-picking), but the difference between long
term and short term, or regional and national, can turn a true statement
false or vice versa.  I am grateful for the existence of this thread, as
it has given me the opportunity to think about the economy in new ways.
I won't burden you with my opinion on the Bloomberg piece.  But the next
time some pundit or politician says that something will "help the
economy", ask yourself which economy he's talking about, and whether the
effect will be long term or transient.

cheers

Mike