[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 49, Issue 129

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Nov 28 08:32:09 MST 2012

Thanks for this response Anne.  I had a nice reply from David WInston of
Period Pianos in Kent, and he tells me that it dates from around 1870,
which makes much more sense.  He explained about there being different
series of numbers for different models of Collard & Collard. This is not
explained in The Musician's Piano Atlas. (I don't have a Pierce, as the
Musician's Piano Atlas is a bit better for UK makers. There is a kind of
"gentleman's agreement" between the two books, to stay reasonably clear
of each others' territory).

Best regards,

David.