[pianotech] How To Deter Mice

Tom Dickson td_tuner at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:58:44 MST 2012

Greetings,

I happened to hear a home improvement show on the radio, just last weekend. One thing stuck with me.

The topic was mice infestations and stopping them. A woman phoned in and swore up and down that she had  a great deal of success with bars of "Irish Spring" soap. According to her, the little critters hate it!

She was putting it in her vehicle, parked in a rural area, and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Perhaps some shavings of soap in a small container in the piano could act as a deterent. No personal knowledge if this is accurate. YMMV :-)

Tom,
Regina, SK
Full-Time Lurker; Intermittent Responder