[pianotech] Brighter Yamaha

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 21:30:21 MST 2012

Thanks for the advice, so far. As a follow, I've that high humidity has an effect on hammers. This piano sat in empty house for five years in Hilo, but was moved to Oahu 2 weeks ago and is now in an air condition hall.

 Hilo is on the Windward side of the Big Island of Hawaii, where it rains A LOT. The piano is only 6 years old and has never been used. It has had a string cover and a damp chaser, so there no damage, and the hammers are virtually brand new.

Would the being exposed to a lot of humidity be the reason the hammers are soft, and if I just wait 6 months they will brighten up by themselves?

Wim
Sent from my iPhone