[pianotech] Overhang

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 08:52:04 MST 2012

Laura said:
"They matched up the notches LOL.
Did you really find this on a piano in the field?"

Laura,
I find it all too often. Nothing to LOL about. <G> for every reasonable use
of the Moulded keytops, I'll find 2 or 3 that are a disaster. Most of the
disasters are owner DIY messes. Sometimes it's "technician" messes tho.
Sigh! Even with the reasonable ones the edges are irratic and inconsistant,
wood has been removed from the keystick sides and most are installed with
contact cement, with drools down the sides of the keys, etc. No
compensation for the overly thick material, by routing. It's a problem, imo.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I