[pianotech] Tuning Hammer repair

John Ross jrpiano at bellaliant.net
Mon Sep 3 11:56:23 MDT 2012

I just fixed my extendable tuning hammer
For a long while now, if I extended it, I would have a problem getting it back tight enough.
I always meant to do something about it.
I was thinking shim, but today as I was getting my van and tools organized for winter, I finally decided to fix it.
Talk about getting roundtuit, this has been years.
Anyway, I got my Dremel tool and put on a fibre cutting wheel, I then went down each slot and widened it just a bit.
Now my extension hammer can be tightened up with no problem.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia