[pianotech] bringing polyester gloss down to satin

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Wed Sep 5 03:46:51 MDT 2012

I did a search on Wool Wax.  I don't know if this is what Yamaha does, but I came up with a couple of things:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Main/Articles/Rubbing_Out_The_Final_Step_to_a_Great_Finish_5261.aspx

Read down to the Rub to Satin section and start there.

Also, Liberon sells a paste wax intended for this purpose.  Liberon Black Bison Paste Wax.  Can be cleaned up with mineral oil.

The way to find out is to try some wax with 0000 steel wool on an out of the way piece, like the back of a leg at the top and see if it gives you results you seek.

Will Truitt