[pianotech] Repair to console music desk

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Sep 6 23:57:51 MDT 2012

What is the "best" fix for a music desk on a console or studio upright which has been damaged at the screw pivot point?  Its funny how one good smack on the music desk, or a mere cinching up of ratchet strap in the course of a move can break the wood at the screw [tongue in cheek here].
So what is the most economical and fast in-home repair (while I tune)?  Five minute epoxy? Tightbond with a small clamp?
I was thinking of calling Isaac Sadigursky but I'll try this list first...  see if anyone else knows....  :^)
regards,
Jurgen Goering