[pianotech] Repair to console music desk

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 12:22:28 MDT 2012

Yes, many of the new Chinese and other imports are doing this.  More expense to produce, but a hundred times stronger.  You wonder where longevity fits into the equation, though, and where to put value.  A hundred years hence, we'll still have nice music desk hardware on the piano buried in the landfill.  In the meantime, it's better than the old system.  Be sure to save those old hinges, though, since we need to document what mistakes were done in the past.  No one will believe what those morons were doing in the olden days before planned obsolescence.

Paul MCcLoUd