[pianotech] Thermoworks hygrometers, etc.

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sat Sep 8 02:22:35 MDT 2012

I know there was a recent thread on data loggers of humidity, etc.

I have a Thermoworks pocket hygrometer which has worked beautifully for the last 2.5 years until this last week.  I wrote to them about no temp or humidity being displayed -- just dashes.  I changed batteries, reset the device, etc.  So I wrote the company to ask how much it would cost to fix it.  Their reply?

---
"The unit does have a standard one year warranty against factory defects, however the unit should not stop reading in this manner. I will go ahead and send you a replacement at no charge to the same address listed on the original order at your company location. You should receive the unit in a few days. There is no need to send back the other unit, you can dispose of it at your location as desired."
---

I received a shipping invoice moments later with a tracking number. The whole thing transpired over about 2 hours.

So, despite having great products, they also have great customer service and they stand behind their products... I didn't think there were any companies left that did this...  :-)

Here's the unit I have...

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/humidity/rt819.html

I'm a bigger fan now...

Regards,