[pianotech] Idea for journal page, (Ed?)

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 07:15:25 MDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Nossaman

That's the way most of these "analogies" read to me, which is why I try
to describe real stuff first as much as I can.
Ron N

> On Sep 8, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:
>
> A tuning is to a pitch raise as having your brakes adjusted is to having
> the pads and rotors replaced, too.

      There are customers for whom the facts, and simply the facts, are the preferred way to understand.  Others, with equal amounts of disposable income, are more comfortably parting with same when they grasp some sort of context.  This is the utility of analogies.  If all my customers were engineers, I wouldn't have any use for analogies, at all.
Regards,