[pianotech] 3 sound boards???

David Lawson dlawson at davidlawsonspianos.com.au
Sun Sep 9 23:01:43 MDT 2012

I don't know about 3 soundboards, but I tuned a Challen grand the other day
which had three bridges. Two in the bass on different angles, and the
treble.  This was a sorry excuse for a grand due its small length, (about
feet 10inches) with no bass at all. Why they bothered to produce such an
instrument defies logic. There were three tuning planks, and three bridges,
and the action had four different sections to match up with the stringing.
The entire treble was false, which is no pleasure to tune. All in all a most
disappointing result. A truly useless design IMO
David Lawson OZ