[pianotech] mics on soundboard

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Sep 10 19:30:52 MDT 2012

Ah right, well, if the recording is to be made while the jazz pub is
full of patrons, then I guess the piano does need to be close miked. You
don't want conversation to drown out the piano!  Definitely not on the
soundboard though!

(As a little aside: an indistinguishable hubbub of conversation in a
room is sometimes described as "rhubarb rhubarb".  This echoes the
description by the ancient greeks of how they pereceived the sound of
other languages than their own. To them it sounded like "bar-bar
bar-bar". Thus, foreign speaking people were called bar-barians, or,
Barbarians).

Best regards,

David.

Thank you all for sharing! I got more than i askB-)
Btw, the piano is in a jazz pub.

Lim