[pianotech] Re. Baldwin hammers

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 11 07:31:25 MDT 2012

I just had to do this on the bass section of a Mason CC, 8 year old Renner hammers and apparently a week without A/C weakened the glue enough that they let go. The felt was so stiff that it took two heavy spring clamps to get it back even close to where it was. I'm recommending replacing the entire set...

---Dave Doremus
New Orleans