[pianotech] brass rail duplication

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Wed Sep 12 03:06:26 MDT 2012

That may be an avenue to explore.

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of David Doremus
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:53 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] brass rail duplication

On 9/11/12 9:25 PM, Encore Pianos wrote:

> So here I sit with a broken heart, I took 2 bennies and my semi-truck
> won’t start (Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen)

And you're down to seeds and stems again, too....

You'd think there'd be a machine shop out there that could do this accurately and not too expensively. I have a neighbor who's a metal sculptor, and there are several marine machine shops not far away. I'll try to look into this, it's something I've been meaning to ask about for a while but have never had anyone willing to put the money into it.
There are more than a few decent pianos out there that may need parts like this replaced. I'm thinking particularly of the English grands that have a brass "comb" that holds the long center pin in place and spaces the hammer butts. Do any European suppliers replace these?

--Dave
New Orleans