[pianotech] Steinway back checks

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:38:36 MDT 2012

I've only done recovering backchecks once. Used Ecsaine from Pianotek.
Tried the clothespin method, but didn't like it because the ecsaine slid
around a lot. What worked well was holding it down a couple seconds to let
the hide glue set. Then I used painter's tape (the blue stuff) to "clamp"
it in place. Seemed to work well.

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS