[pianotech] Steinway back checks

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Sep 12 15:44:16 MDT 2012

I didn't mean to imply there was, in fact, a
weight issue.  I just didn't want to focus on
that, in case there was.  I suppose one could
cordially argue whether one method is easier than
the other (recovering requires no extracting,
regluing of loose damper blocks, releveling,
rebending of wires) but it's hardly worth it,
unless everything else is right with the
world.  As for gluing fingers together, I
presumed that's one of the reasons to have the band saw handy.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY