[pianotech] new Steinway casters on old steinway legs

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sat Sep 15 07:38:29 MDT 2012

David L -
A couple of questions:
- What size piano?
- What kind of floor surface?
- Why do casters need replacing?  Appearance?  Rust?
- Is piano intended to be easily movable?

I could see an issue if you were perhaps trying to install a set of
double rubber casters into what had been an inset single metal
wheel.  Could you provide a bit more info and maybe a picture?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY