[pianotech] Action Ratio measuring

Brown, David dcbrown at mail.smu.edu
Thu Sep 20 08:29:48 MDT 2012

Well, that is just me being unnecessarily thick! Every representation I had seen showed measuring diagonally from balance point to key front / capstan. Thank you , David. Can you do it this way because the  measurement at the bottom instead of diagonally gives the same results?

If we could also explore a little more- once the action ratio is obtained , my understanding is that it is inverse to strike weight, higher ratio drives lighter hammers better  with fewer touch weight problems and vice versa?

D Brown