[pianotech] Fibromyalgia? That's no excuse!

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Sep 23 19:47:08 MDT 2012

At 02:45 PM 9/23/2012, Susan Kline wrote:
>I used to stand on my bent left leg so I could reach the right grand pedal,
>and raise the dampers while I put in my muting strip. Can't do that anymore,
>so I just put it in very carefully, standing on two legs.

Hey Susan -
Sorry to hear about pain, but it seems you could come up with a work-around...
- sit down while stepping on pedal and inserting strip mute?
- stick with one end forked and leather or rubber on the other, cut
to length (from pedal to underside of keybed) to hold down sustain
pedal while you insert strip mute.

I must be missing something.

David Skolnik