[pianotech] buttons and shoes - was pulley key...

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 23:26:14 MDT 2012

I prefer a basswood shoe and button. Maple is as you say too hard and can become noisy. The balance hole fit is to finicky. The keybutton has zero forgiveness. I know Rick at Roseland likes maple but I will always request bass wood. Poplar would be fine a good chocie too.

Just my 2 cents
Dale

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.