[pianotech] Action Ratio Measuring redux

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 09:38:03 MDT 2012

Hi David
  This is not wasted time. This is how we learn things. It is obvious that no matter how you average it the ratio is high. The measurements don't need to be microscopically accurate to tell you what to do of course. ie 6.1-6.3. Dosen't matter that much at thsi stage of analysis. Just put on a 17mm shank and hammer, pull out a capstan and use a capstan boat and move it around till an action ratio closer to your choice comes into view.
Dale

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos