[pianotech] Damper tray block

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 23:36:18 MDT 2012

Personally, I like damper underlevers with spoons and that seems to solve
these problems.  Makes tweaking the adjustment easy as well.

Whether setting the underlever level is good or bad I'm not sure.  That
would be setting it pretty high unless you lowered the tray which can create
problems with the dags and the bottom of the tray.  I don't particularly
like to lower the tray for that reason.  If the UL is at too steep an angle
why not simply put on thicker key end felt.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com