[pianotech] Rebuildable S&S B

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 04:21:11 MST 2013

Hi Paul,
     I did say that the 1K per foot rule held for regular ebony pianos,
and that other considerations changed it, usually upwards.  I don't
think it would be too much for a piano this old with questionable
action fitting thrown in. I may even have a likely candidate for a
customer. If so, I will call.

        As a basket case, $ 7,000 for a B would make a lot of sense for
a school that wanted to invest $ 30 K in a new board,action and finish.
 A ready to go B for $ 37,000 would be a good investment.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html