[pianotech] German Loop Tools

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 4 21:41:35 MST 2013

Ron said:
"No, not like Ron. I don't use pliers of any sort, most especially NOT
the long nose Vise Grips (which I've yet to find a use for), to make the
loop. I built a mandrel and wire guide into the tool to bend the loop.
The only time I use pliers is to wind the tail. Look at the tool."

Ron,
Well, excuse me. I misunderstood your sneer at the roundnose pliers. As for
the Long NoseVice Grips, I've found several good uses for them. I guess you
need to buy a pair and experiment around a bit, as I did. You say: "Look at
the tool.", well it's difficult if you don't "show" the tool.
All of this, is personal preferrences, I think. What ever works to create
consistent German Loops, .then go for it.<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I