[pianotech] wooden click at letoff?...reprise

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:48:28 MST 2013

Jim,
I think John Parham is on to it. It is likely the sostenuto action. I
have a Petrof grand with a similar problem in two notes in the middle
of the keyboard. If I pulled the action out a hair, it disappeared. It
was hitting the sostenuto rod or something in the sostenuto. I can't
remember exactly now. It was adjustable.  It was tough to find because
you can't see anything back there. Good luck.

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Message: 9