[pianotech] kids pianos and...

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:18:19 MST 2013

Hi Everyone,I also find that dogs are a real pain to deal with while at a tuning.  I love dogs. don't get me wrong.  I'm glad I don't own one now, not enough time and our landlord doesn't allow it, but dogs are wonderful creatures. Most of them are anyway. :-)    Howver they are a real nuisance  when I'm at a customers house.  I try not to pet fido for fear of getting them goin g and thinking I'm there to play with them.  I also don't want dog dander or dirt on my hands and then on their piano and my tools or the smell of the dog on me. lol I ofen leave and there's dog hair on my over coat. I guess I should stop wearing wool overcoats and get rid of the two overcoats I have and wear my regular winter coat, but I like dressing professional no tie of course heaven forbid.  So what do you guys do about the dog situation?  I don't want people to think I'm a dog hater. I love most breeds.  I owned a basset once and loved her very much like she was my own kid.  Today  I'm trying to tune and the dog a beautiful golden retriever. comes up and sniffs my tools wags its tai l and knocks a couple of ornaments off the Christmas tree. I'm then distracted and say nicely, ok doggie I'll talk to you later etc... and I hear the dogs name and the words come here.  Yesterday I'm bombarded by two labs. the woman shoed them  away a couple of times etc. She at least took my coat and hung it up.  Sometimes so as not to be annoyed, I'll make a joke like oh that's a42r I think, or 44 depending  on which ocat I have.  Often times people are pretty good about getting their dogs under control and out of my hair, but at times it's the innitial hello and the dogs come unglued because a new person is there to play with them.  Sometimes they make too much noise even if they are kept out of my reach.  What have yo u guys encountered.  Oh and cats are not so annoying except I do close my tool box. Im not sure, but would a cat dare to mark it's territory in my box?  Years ago one did in our car. lolMarshall

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com