[pianotech] Yamaha butt cord jig

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Jan 7 06:18:48 MST 2013

On 1/4/2013 11:08 PM, Dean May wrote:

> My workbench top is just cheap OSB so I have no qualms about drilling
> holes in it as needed.
>
> It’s ugly, but it works.

You could have spent a day making a very shiny dedicated jig out of
Padauk, Lacewood, or crotch cut Walnut, with a $15 toggle clamp and
Titanium locator pins that would have done the same thing, with a book
matched veneered and French polished velvet lined box with brass hinges
to store it in. If you couldn't find it the next time this came up,
heck, you could always make another one. When it comes to quickie
disposable jigs. "works" works fine for me.
Ron N