[pianotech] Bent Pedal

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 19:58:14 MST 2013

William said:
"Hi Folks,

I've got a pedal from an upright piano that has bent a bit, and is showing
a small crack on the top of the pedal. I wonder what you all think about
any efforts at hammering the pedal flat? Do you think I'm asking for
trouble trying to remove the bend (I kind of think so as I feel like
bending brass "back" will fatigue it even more).

Secondarily, what would you think of trying to reinforce the pedal by
adding a steel plate to the top of the pedal? Epoxy it to the brass?
Thanks for any thoughts."
--
William,
"Thoughts"? Yes. First Thought: Get a new set of pedals!<G> It'll cost a

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I