[pianotech] a squeak I couldn't get rid of lol

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 16:32:50 MST 2013

Hi Everyone, I went to tune a piano Yamana c3 today for a recitle.  It was a last minute t uning, received the call yesterday.  Full rate is better than grouon rate any  day so I grabbed it.  Well I went and in the hurry of things forgot to ask, "is this where the piano will be staying or are yo uplanning on moving it.\?'  Wel lthey moved it after I tuned it and I had to go b ack and fix a c# that went out.  No big deal, but my main reason for writing is this. IThe pianist wanted to use the bench the type that you can adjust the height, an artist bench I guessits called the short stubby kind with the leather fake leather seat with the knob that adjusts the height.  Or is it call a duet bench?  Well anyway Iit has an annoying squeak when anyone sits on it thin or heavyset, doesn't matter.  I tightened every bolt, every screw I checked.  I vj l ubed the rod that turns to adjust the seat. I vj lubed all of the metal underneeth.  I didn't use a ton. I don't like a glopy mess.  I even put some on the corners on the legs where they met together under the bench.  I couldn't get rid of it.  I found that it appeated that the squeek came from the two pieces of metal that connect by what looks like a round hole on one side and feels like a pan head screw without a slot on the other side.  I tried my allen wrenches to se if the  hole was deep enough, no luck there.  The I finally left after a good half hour or so trying to get the squeak out.  Wha tdo you guys do when the two pieces of metal that meet with that weird feeling metal smooth round thing that connects tthe two pieces?  ThanksMarshall

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com