[pianotech] PTG chapter/piano teacher's meeting ideas

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Jan 14 13:21:30 MST 2013

On 1/14/2013 1:58 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:

> What's interesting is that they want free tuning,
> or at least at greatly reduced fees, in exchange for given them
> referrals. But I have never had one of them say to me, give me a student
> and I'll pay you more for your service. In other words, it's a one way
> street.

It sure is. I've had price shoppers (too many) tell me the piano hadn't
been tuned in ten years, then demand a discount because they were
teachers. No mention of student referral even, just a discount because
being teachers made it their due. "My last tuner charged half that
much." Sounds like a good deal, call him.
Ron N