[pianotech] Pianodisc silent systems

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:32:26 MST 2013

David,
I have not installed this on a grand piano.  However I am familiar with MIDI and wonder whether there would be enough expression in the sound of a MIDI piano if your client is a very advanced pianist?  If they were informed that the sound problem from practicing at night would go away but the actual expressive sound from their playing might be lessened then I would say this product would work.  Note too they would have to have a TFT record strip as well as a mute rail installed which is included in this package and is virtually undetectable but good to let them know there might be a slight perceptible change to the downweight from the tabs that recognize the keystroke installed under each key.
PianoDisc also sells the mute rail for grand pianos seperately.  Would they be able to use just that if the piano played very quietly?  Also note that a mute rail requires letoff to be set at 1/8" according to the instructions so there will be some regulation adjustments as well.
MFSR for this system is $3443.00 without labor to install and without any regulation or pick up and delivery included.  The MFSR for the Mute rail alone is $722.00 w/o labor.
Hope that helps.
Steven Hopp RPTPianoWorks StudioMidland, TX  79705432-770-7473