[pianotech] Bass string maker problem

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 19:55:56 MST 2013

My experience is similar to Ron's.  JD Grandt has done excellent work for me
and continues to be my go to string maker.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

At various times, I've used Schaff, Mapes, Arledge, and J D Grant. I've
never had JDG duplicate anything, as I email him measurements, but I've
never gotten a mislocated wrap, had a loop (or a dozen) break, had strings
make weird noises or rattles. The only time I've gotten a string from him
that didn't fit beautifully was when I screwed up the measurement. Can't say
that for the rest.
Ron N