[pianotech] Dc short

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 22:31:18 MST 2013

Sorry for asking but what's UL?  Does that mean approved for the ultra lame?

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

Nope! Not in 40 years as a tech. I have seen the olde ones from the
40's/50's, that had the real rubber insulation on the cords. These had all
of the insulation missing and still plugged in! YIKES!!! Still no problem.
The Dampp-Chaser systems are UL approved. They don't get that way just by
chance. It is a stringent process and the companies that have that approval
have to be consistent! Each time the UL people make a spec change the
companies have to snap to attention and get their stuff up to the new regs!
As far as I know, there never has been an issue in that regard with
Dampp-Chaser.
Tell your client to relax. the low wattage and excellence of manufacturing
is a no worry in my book.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police