[pianotech] Fly dampers

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 20 01:14:08 MST 2013

I've seen this many times before. The problem is that water or booze has
entered from the top hinge and gravitated to the dampers soaking them and
causing them to stick to the strings. All those dampers will be rock hard
and the glue joint of the damper felt to the damper block is not as strong
as the new attachment of the damper to the strings so hence the separation.

Robin